Calories in Vodka
CaloriesInVodka.net is proud to be an affiliate
of BodyMedia and Burn the Fat
The calories in 1 jigger of vodka (1.5 fl oz, 42g) is as follows:
|Vodka||Calories||Carbohydrates (g)||Protein (g)||Fat (g)|
This information is from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference.
Vodka contains virtually no carbs, protein or fat so the calories in vodka is from the calories in alcohol. Alcohol contains about 7 calories per gram which is more than protein and carbohydrates and is second only to the calories in fat. The above values are for a jigger of vodka. When this is mixed with coke or other beverages, the calories will be higher than this as there will be calories in what you are mixing the vodka with.
Calorie Counting Tips
Here are a series of calorie counting tips for anyone wanting to lose weight through calorie counting.
- In order to lose weight with calorie counting, you need to become aware of the calories you consume and the calories you burn.
A calorie deficit of about 3500 calories will result in a weight loss of about 1lb.
- Many sources recommend that you should aim for a weight loss of about 1lb to 2lb a week until the point a healthy weight is reached. This would imply creating a calorie deficit of about 500 to 1000 calories a day.
- You can use an online calorie calculator to get a basic indication of the calories you burn a day, and then refine your estimate by monitoring your weight change in relation to your exercise and calorie consumption.
- An important part of calorie counting is to keep track of the foods and drinks you consume and your exercise, and record any weight changes you observe. This will let you monitor the calories you consume and burn and the effect it is having on your weight.
- There is calorie counting software and devices available to help count calories, journal your weight and body measurements and keep track of your calories consumed and burned.
While calorie counting, it is important to maintain a healthy balanced diet. Additionally, you should always involve your doctor in your weight loss process to ensure you maintain a healthy approach to losing weight.
CaloriesInVodka.net is proud to be an affiliate of BodyMedia, Amazon and Burn The Fat